Thursday, July 19, 2012

The One About The Glitter Room

I mulled over that title for a minute...because if anyone email-subscribes to this blog I am about 100% sure that it will end up in your spam folder.  But it was the title I liked the best so I decided, ehh, it's happening.

I think maybe it was about 4 weeks ago now...but my mom and I (and one of her friends) were down at the Milwaukie Farmers Market on a Sunday afternoon and on our way back to the car we ventured into, what has become, one of my new favorite spots.  I'm not even kidding!! It really is one of the best places!!

See, there is this amazing and adorable little chocolatier down there called Enchante.  I don't think they have a website...I think maybe they only have a Facebook - at any rate, it is maybe the cutest little chocolate shop ever.  She used to be in this little storefront but has since moved down the street about a block or so to a larger space.  In the mean time, her sister opened up this adorable craft store, it's called k.marie.  Here is a link to her blog.  It is THE best craft store I've ever been in to, it is just so inspiring!  And on top of that, she turned the back part of the store into a craft room! Hence, Glitter Room.  It is my new favorite place.  And I have spent the last few Saturday mornings in there creating the most amazing stuff!

Two weeks ago I made a jewelry box and last Saturday I made 3 greeting cards (all royal, queen and crown inspired!) - I just love that place!! not to mention, she always has the greatest little snacks and even last week her sister brought over a plate of (amazing) chocolates! Do I dare even say I'm not even that much of a chocolate lover? But I think I ate 3 of them.

Anyway, this is what it all looks like!
This was my little station when I first walked in for the jewelry box class.  Everything is individually set up and our little names are on our spots!  We have all of our supplies sitting there waiting for us (my favorite was obviously the glass of glitter - she seriously has the BEST glitter)...plus so cute and creative - there is an electrical strip that runs down the center of the table (you can kind of see it in that picture) but we all have individual mini glue guns that we can just plug in right there!! such a smart idea!! I just love everything about it! Here are some pictures of around the Glitter Room.  This is the snack area!
 and this was the coffee table...I didn't take pictures of the coffee (I should have! It is always set up so cute!) but those little caramels, um...SOO good.
 just a few of the little areas of crafts and decor...




and this mirror!!! I know it is hard to read BUT I think maybe the best mirror I have ever seen, in my life.  I literally started laughing when I read it...can you see what it says?? "mirror...mirror...what the @#$&???" too good.


My final piece!!!! It's just so romantical looking!! I love it. It sits on my vintage-y desk in my room and it just makes me smile!
 this is a quick pic from the street of what the little store front looks like.
 Here is my set up from last weekend -- card making class.

I realized when I got home that I didn't even take any pictures of my final products! Just snaps along the way...but then I thought eehh...that's ok because in case any of you receive any of these cards, you will be surprised and not all like yeah thanks I saw this already...Anyway, LOVE this place.

Unfortunately, I think it has inspired me to start another project restoration...this time of (what we call) the media room...It's a little room right off of our family room, that leads out to a side patio where the hot tub is.  It has served as many things in it's day.  A tv room when we were little, turned arts & crafts room, turned homework room with computer (in jr. high and high school), turned kind of like an unused storage room of all things random that don't quite have a place....anyway, I'm finally nearly done with project restoration bonus room...I think craft room will be next?? Uh oh...

No comments:

Post a Comment