Saturday, September 8, 2012

The One About The Plum Tree

So I know I have talked about the garden several times on here before...but it's true. I'm really into gardening.  Not so much like plants, spreading bark dust, mowing type - I mean, I do enjoy potting plants and flowers and stuff...but mostly when I say gardening I mean the edible kind.  Everything in our yard that I can eat? or cook with? or bake with? I'm obsessed with!

And for an edible garden lover like myself I get excited about this time of year because the fruit is finally starting to be ready!! Our plum tree specifically. It's LOADED with ripe plums and they are totally fabulous.

The only catch. All 3000 of them are ripe at practically the same time. That means I have to get creative with how to use them all up!  In the past couple of days I have managed to use about 2 pounds of them.   That means I only have about 12 to go.  So far I have made to awesome recipes - Plum Freezer Jam & Plum Ice Cream.  They are both dangerous... addicting-ly delicious.











Now, to figure out what to do with all the rest of the plums...I'm thinking I might make another batch of plum freezer jam - anyone have any other great ideas for what I can do with a ton of plums to make them last??

1 comment:

  1. I made some plum simple syrup today...so maybe you could use some for that? And them use some to garnish a few cocktails? I'll come over and help if you want. :)

    ReplyDelete