- Finished up and graduated with my bachelors degree from University of Portland
- Danced for the Portland Lumberjax (Lacrosse team - no longer here...they were bought out by Seattle)
- Traveled & studied in Europe for 6 weeks.
- Worked for a couple of years doing PR at a Marketing Agency
- Started coaching the best dance team ever, met my best friend, and have won two state title with her...we have a lot of fun with those girls!
- Went back to school and got my masters degree
- Became a teacher and am currently a substitute (still on the hunt for a full time gig)
- Danced for 2 years with the Portland Winterhawks Dance Team - The Rosebuds
- Bought a new car of my very own
I think 27 also just feels weird cause it's like late 20s!!! Lots of my friends got freaked out when they turned 25...that didn't really bother me so much...but 27? Humph, I guess I'm all grown up now. Maybe it just feels extra weird because my OCD planner self had all these life plans - if you would have asked me 10 years ago where I thought I would be when I was 27/28...I'm not sure I would say where I am...and I'm still trying to decide if that's ok with me or not...But I'm trusting in the fact that I'm doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing. I've always been one of those that has tried to follow my gut, not force things and always try and do what I love and enjoy - what feels right. It's worked for me so far...and it's led me here, so I'm trying to trust that this is where God wants me to be - even if it's maybe not where I saw myself at, exactly.
At any rate, I had a really really great birthday!! I'm just so lucky to have such great friends and great family to make me feel special!! It really was a week of celebrations...I kept thinking I should do something big and extravagant on my actual birthday, but then it rained and I didn't feel like doing anything at all...haha - so I went to the gym, my mom, sister and I decided to have a tea party (a few of my mom's friends came over to participate), I was feeling crafty so I opted to make myself my own birthday cake (I got some new frosting tips and have been wanting to try them out but it's always such a process to make all the frosting and get everything set up --- anyway, what better event then my birthday to teach myself how to make frosting roses!), and that evening my parents took me to dinner to my fav place ever (and a birthday tradition) - the spaghetti factory! It was a perfectly great day!!! Here are some pictures!
Some tea sandwiches from the tea party...rasin bread, turkey, scallion cream cheese, and basil sandwiches.
and if this wasn't frosting enough on the day...here was my present!! EEEK! an iPhone 4s!!! And sister got me that totally cute hot pink and polka dot kate spade cover!! It was a total surprise!! My stupid droid was having serious issues but I wasn't due for an upgrade until August...I was so excited and I LOVE IT!!!